A reputable health service providing organization announces Job Vacancy in Uyo for Laboratory Technologist.
The firm, Heartland Alliance International is on a mission to help in the fight against HIV and Aids and well as prevention.
Announcing its Job Vacancy in Uyo for Laboratory Technician, the firm provides the below information.
Job Type: Full Time
Qualification: BA/BSc/HNDExperience3 – 5 years
Location: Akwa Ibom , Cross River , Lagos
Job Field: Medical / Healthcare
To provide overall technical guidance and support for state laboratory field staff to implement high quality HIV/AIDS clinical care and support activities at the state level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The incumbent will be responsible for the provision of laboratory technical assistance at HAN State/Zonal level including capacity building, training and quality assurance services to State teams and Local Implementing Partners (LIPs).
- Ensures that high quality of laboratory services is maintained at all HAN supported sites/centers within your jurisdiction.
- Performs basic laboratory assays CD4 tests, Hematology, Medical Microbiology and Clinical Chemistry as well as other tests as required.
- Ensure the effective management of Viral Load samples and results return for efficient Client Management.
- Oversees laboratory services provision and ensures standard and current practices are in place for maintaining high quality laboratory services and maximizing the use of all resources.
- Ensures compliance and implementation of laboratory protocols, and support other affiliated labs staff – Community Facilitators, Counsellor testers, Outreach Coordinators and Medics involved in laboratory functions.
- Performs quality control checks and maintenance for the machine in the site lab, and other laboratory tests performed within the labs.
- Participates in inventory control management/CRRF preparation for laboratory supplies and reagents for supported site.
- Participate in EQA, proficiency testing activities.
- Attend State level technical meetings.
- Performs other care, treatment and evaluation duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or competency required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree in Medical laboratory sciences from an accredited school.
- Valid Licence to practice as Medical Laboratory Scientist is mandatory.
- Minimum of three years of successful mid-level laboratory management experience and ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge of the current principles and techniques surrounding the management of laboratory services.
- Experience of running/implementing public health programs preferably in the NGO context.
- Familiarity with standards and federal/state regulations affecting the laboratory and laboratory practices within an OSS and Field Locations.
- Very good understanding and working knowledge of the health and HIV program priorities.
- Time Management – Ability to prioritize tasks, manage time and complete projects in a fast-paced, changing environment with minimal supervision.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Cultural Sensitivity – Respects cultural environment in which person is working and does not act in a manner that is outwardly offensive to the local community.
- Non-discriminatory- Do not discriminate persons based on sexual orientation or gender identity, age, preferred jobs or behavioral habits.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skill. Knowledge of Local Language preferred.
- Demonstrated competency in public speaking.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems, Power Point.
- Other software routinely used by Heartland Alliance.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee will be required to co-locate with local partners usually in the same office.
- The employee is required to travel regularly to often insecure and limited-resource environments.
Method of Application: online