The National Open University of Nigeria NOUN 2020/2021 Admission Form is now out on sale for interested candidates.
Management of the institution wishes to inform all qualified persons that the 2020/2021 NOUN admission application has began.
The Institution runs a distance learning covering Certificate, Diploma, Undergraduate, Post Graduate Diploma, Masters Degree, and Doctor of Philosophy Programs.
List of Programs offered by NOUN
As an institution of higher learning, NOUN offers the following certificate, Diploma, Degree, and advanced degree programs.
Click link to see list of available NOUN programs >>> National Open University NOUN Available Courses.
How to gain admission into NOUN
If you are looking for how to gain admission into now, there are criteria you should meet as as prospective NOUN Student.
Requirements for Admission into NOUN
To gain admission into, all prospective students are expected to meet the following basic Requirements for Admission into NOUN.
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Programs in NOUN
- Five (5) credits in the SSCE/ GCE O’Level /NECO/ NABTEB or equivalents at not more than two (2) sittings obtained in subjects relevant to the proposed field(s) of study.
- The five (5) credits include Credits in Mathematics, English and 3 other relevant subjects.
(i) National Diploma at Upper Credit from recognized institutions.
(ii) National Certificate in Education (NCE) in subject(s) relevant to the proposed program of study with a minimum of one merit and two passes.
(iii) International Baccalaureates, Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB) with at least two A’Level papers in relevant subjects and pre-requisite number of O’Level credit passes.
NOUN Postgraduate Requirements
Below are NOUN Postgraduate Requirements;
All matriculation requirements of at least five (5) credit passes including English Language and Mathematics. Some programmes accept at least a pass in Mathematics.
For Postgraduate Diploma Programmes, candidates must possess either a minimum of pass Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a University recognised by the Senate of the NOUN OR a Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Lower Credit.
For the Postgraduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting, the candidate must have been called to the Bar.
Also for admission into the school of Business and Human Resource Management Postgraduate Diploma programmes, candidates with professional qualifications such as ACA, ACIS, ACIB, ACII, ACIA, etc may be considered on individual merit.
For Master degree programmes, candidates must possess either a Bachelors Degree with a minimum of second class lower in the relevant field of study from a University recongnised by the Senate of the NOUN.
However, holders of lower classification and with a minimum of 2 years of relevant post-qualification experience may be considered on individual merit OR a Postgraduate Diploma in related field of study from a recongnised University OR A Higher National Diploma with a minimum of Upper Credit in the relevant field of study.
Candidate with membership certificate of relevant professional bodies may apply for the Master of Business (MBA) programme.
For the Doctor of Philosophy Degree prorammes, candidates must possess a masters degree in relevant field of study from a University recongised by the Senate of the NOUN with a minimum score average of not less than 60% or a cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale.
DURATION OF NOUN PROGRAMMES .
NOUN operates a flexible mode of study which allows a student to determine the pace, place, time and medium of study. Students’ support facilities are available at all our Study Centres nationwide.
How To Apply for NOUN Admission Form.
The entire NOUN admission form application process is electronic and online and operates 24-hours a day. The method of application is as follows:
- Visit the NOUN Portal via the link below;
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar and click on “Apply for Admission”.
- Select either Undergraduate Programme or Postgraduate Programme. Other programme is not available at the moment.
- Go to “Choose Faculty” (note it can be found at the left hand side of the screen)
- Select Faculty and fill displayed form. Click below it to view admission criteria.
- Click “Apply” to proceed. Take note of the UNIQUE ID displayed.
- Click ‘Continue‘ button. Select Bank Branch as payment type. Then click “Pay”.
- Copy and take your RRR number to any bank branch for payment or pay online.
- After payment, perform step 1 to 3. Then go to “Continue After Payment”
- Input Unique ID, RRR number and Programme and click “Proceed”. Fill Form. Note: all fields marked with red star are compulsory.
- After filling form, click “Submit” and print Admission Letter.
- Visit the nearest study centre for screening.
Application Closing Date for NOUN 2020/2021 Admission Form.
Application is always open (No closing date).
In the other News, Newspaddy a University Don has been sentenced to prison in Akwa Ibom for participating in electoral fraud.